Every month, I receive a large number of media requests from journalists for information, interviews and articles. Whilst I am happy to help out in whatever way I am able, please note the following:
- The content of this website is copyrighted and must not be used without my written permission - In general, I am happy for information from this website to taken and used in articles but please email me first to request my permission for this.
- Much of the information that I am able to supply (and in my experience journalists are looking for) is contained within the pages of this website. In particular, the FAQ section of this site provides the answers to many of the questions I receive by email. Alternatively, try the custom search function. If you still need more information, then please use the contact page to get in touch (see below)
- Whilst I am happy to be interviewed for - or asked to contribute to - media articles, I am not prepared to be misquoted or quoted out of context. For this reason, my personal contribution to written articles is conditional on my viewing and approving the article prior to publication. If you are not prepared or able to agree to this condition, then I am not prepared to contribute. My reputation is far more important to me than any publication could ever be.
- Initial contact is strictly by email only via my contact page. In particular, please do not phone the Aviemore Medical Practice - our reception staff are busy enough with their normal medical duties and are under strict instructions not to pass such calls on to me.
- Please remember that I am a full-time doctor. Whilst I try to respond as quickly as possible to all emails that I receive, please help by giving me as much time as possible to reply to you. I realise press deadlines can be very tight - if this is the case then please put the word "urgent" into the subject of your email and my mail processor should pick this up and prioritise your mail. I am particularly busy from October - April most years!