To send an email to Dr Langran, please click here. Before you do so, please note the following:
Despite repeated requests not to, we continue to receive phone calls to the Aviemore Medical Practice regarding this website.
Please do not phone the surgery in Aviemore!
Our office staff are busy enough with normal general practice workload and have been instructed not to take calls relating to this website. Contact by email is the preferred option.
Telephone messages will not be returned
1. It is unrealistic to expect a clinical opinion on an injury that I have not examined myself. Please understand that replies to emails regarding such injuries will as a result be generic in nature. I am not able to offer second opinions.
2. All the injury statistics I am able to provide from Scotland are currently on this website. NO OTHER DATA IS AVAILABLE FOR RELEASE so please don't ask for it. To publish other data on the web or releasing it to third parties may prejudice a future publication or is commercially sensitive.
3. At present, my full-time medical commitments do not allow me to undertake medico-legal work. This is likely to change in the near future and details will be posted on this site as and when, should you require an expert opinion on any aspect regarding a snow sports injury.
4. I am not here to do other's dirty work for them. Whilst I am happy to give general advice to University/College students re. projects, essays, etc I simply cannot spend hours trawling for information that is out there. Most of the required information is either on or linked from this website anyway.
5. Although I'm interested in all aspects of snow sports safety, my primary research area is injury epidemiology. In particular I am not an engineer ( E=MC2 still has me baffled). I do get quite a lot of emails from postgraduate students relating to specific research projects or ideas. Please understand that unless your question relates to epidemiology, I might not be able to offer much in depth technical knowledge or advice. However, I probably know someone who can (but that's not to say they have any more time on their hands to help than I do!)
Finally, if you do send me an email, please note the following
In a typical winter season between December and April, I receive around 40 emails a week relating to this website. Obviously at busy times or if I am away it may take me some time to reply to you. Nevertheless, I try my utmost to reply in person to each and every email I receive. If you don't hear from me within a reasonable length of time (say 2-3 weeks), send me a reminder in case yours has got lost - I won't be offended!